Aroma: This Eden Valley Riesling is as pretty as a picture when you crack the screw cap – all lemon blossom floating above kaffir lime leaf, layered over something slightly heady that reminds you of a spring garden in full bloom… and that’s even when it’s chilled to bits, straight from the fridge!
Palate: The flavour ‘spin cycle’ see-saw between lime and lemon, lemon zest and citrus oil… over a snap, crackle and pop live acid undercarriage, that finishes as clean as a whistle – thanks in a big way to the granite laced dirt that has been supporting these old Riesling vines for 125 years.
Food Pairing: The combination is extremely impressive and is perfect paired with anything seafoody, Mediterranean or Asian. Or as the ultimate refresher on its own!
About the producer
An avid wine enthusiast since his early thirties, after many years of ‘research’ Trevor Harch came to his own conclusion that there really was no other wine that tasted as good as Barossa Shiraz!…So why not make some yourself?
What is Brockenchack all about?
- We’re a family endeavour, named after our four grandchildren Bronte, Mackenzie, Charli and Jack;
- We’re a cool climate, single vineyard wine producer in the Barossa’s picturesque Eden Valley, crafting fourteen beautiful wines for our portfolio;
- We produce wines that we think people will love to drink;
- Our wines all have a story, either named after our family members or after something of significance to our family;
- Our land has been a working vineyard for well over a century with our first Riesling vines planted in 1896, believed to be some of (if not) the oldest Riesling vines in Australia;
- Our Shiraz vines date back to 1927, producing three tiers of Shiraz; Zip Line, Jack Harrison and our top tier William Frederick, as well as our Rosé and Sparkling Shiraz;
- Along with our offering of hand crafted, boutique wines, we also offer a unique and memorable historic cellar door experience and luxury vineyard bed and breakfast accommodation, surrounded with 360 degree views of our vineyard.